Tuesday, April 7, 2009

*sigh*

I feel like that is the most appropriate title for everything going on in life...just *sigh*
Where did all the time go? I know they say the older you get, the quicker time flies, but seriously? Can it really all be coming to an end?

Wedding plans are wrapping up. I thought I was going to enjoy a nice relaxing week. I THOUGHT I was going to unwind from all of this and breathe for a minute, or two. wrrrroooong. I have an recently been informed of a mile long list of things that need to be accomplished while I'm home next week. You know what I have to say to that? blah. Yep, blah. I'll be running around doing a million things, so be looking for some crazy venting/ranting/so-ready-to-be-finished-wedding-planning blogs. I have a feeling this is going to become somewhat therapeutic for me.

Nathan and I went and finalized tuxes a few days ago. He put money down for his groomsmen (as one of their gifts) to try and offset the cost of the rental. He should be going to get measured pretty soon, and then, he is practically finished except for showing up the day of...lucky duck. Here is a picture of what the groomsmen vests/ties look like...those boys are going to be so handsome!!


Oh! That reminds me. He wanted me to clarify something from the last post. Yes, it is true, he is afraid of ticks. But apparently he feels like I took it a little far. So, to clear the air, Nathan is a strong, manly, man, with only an above average dislike for creepy crawlies. Ha! Gotta love him.

In preparation for the wedding, we have BOTH been hitting the tanning bed. Bless his albino little soul, that child burns faster than anything. SPF 1000 isn't sufficient enough. So we have been gradually getting him used to the sun so he won't be miserable on our honeymoon. Turns out, he IS capable of tanning. This honestly came as a surprise to us both! So it looks like we will both be able to enjoy the beautifully sunny beaches of Mexico in 46 days! :)

As for student teaching, I'm down to 3 days. I thought I was ready...until yesterday. Turns out I like it here a little more than I was willing to admit before now. Ok, a LOT more. I know it has to happen. I know it is good practice for what I'll go through every year when my kids leave...but it still stinks. These kiddos have been my life for the last year. They make me laugh, they make me yell, they make me feel complete. If I ever doubted what I was supposed to do as an adult, I don't anymore. I live for this. All of the drama, crazy-hectic to mundane and back again before lunch, copy-making, paper grading, caffeine/chocolate inhaling, story telling, make-ups, break-ups, wins, losses, crying, hugs, yelling, smiling and laughing that happens on a daily basis in the halls of a middle school. As much as I'm looking forward to my summer off, I can't wait to get back in to a classroom...my very own classroom at that :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with your best shot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...