Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Too good not to share.


"...I’d recently committed to a non-negotiable understanding with myself. I’d committed to “the End of Suffering.” I’d finally managed to exile the voices in my head that told me my personal happiness was only as good as my outward success, rooted in things that were often outside my control. I’d seen the insanity of that equation and decided to take responsibility for my own happiness. And I mean all of it."

The above is an excerpt from this article I stumbled across a few days ago. Hubs and I both read and loved it. No matter where you are in life, relationship, marriage, I think it is worth the read. Navigating your life with someone isn't always butterflies and roses. It's work. Sometimes (a lot of times) you aren't both in the same frame of mind emotionally, spiritually or otherwise. What this woman was able to do, for herself, her children, and for her marriage is more than admirable. The lesson of being their for your spouse, by whatever means necessary, comes through loud and clear.

Here's to taking responsibility for our own happiness.

Always,

L


 http://theweek.com/article/index/99512/the-last-word-he-said-he-was-leaving-she-ignored-him

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with your best shot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...