Monday, November 12, 2012

JOHNNY FREAKING FOOTBALL


Go ahead and roll your eyes if you must (since the Crimson Tide wasn't able to)...if you know me, you HAD to know this post was coming.


I BLEED MAROON!

And none of this band wagon, t-shirt fan nonsense. I root for my boys every year. And for as many seasons as I can remember, all I catch from people is crap.Why? Because our team hasn't been a winning one in a very long time. But we hold on hope because, well, it's in our blood. WE are the 12th man...and we will take the heart ache, because we are just that loyal. For those of you who don't know, Texas A&M left the Big 12 in a history making move and joined the SEC. A winning conference. THE conference by many people's standards. And Lord have mercy did we hear it all. "A&M will never make it in the SEC", "Y'all are going to have your maroon asses handed to you all season", "The Aggies are going to be the joke of the conference" and blah, blah, blah, blah, blahhhh.

Personally? I wasn't surprised by any of those comments. Yes, we made a big move. Yes, we have a new coach, and if history serves as any reminder, odds are we aren't going to bring much to the table. So I kept my trash talking mouth closed, my hopes high, and held my breath every Saturday since the season started...and prayed for a miracle.

And it worked. We've lost 2 games, but they were anything but a beating. We stepped up, and we started WINNING. And then we got to this Satruday. Texas A&M vs. Alabama, the defending Naional Champions and #1 team in the country. Everyone was expecting a masacre. There was NO WAY the Ags, even with an on the road winning streak, stood a snowball's chance in hell against the Crimson Tide.


And then came Johnny Football. By the end of the first quarter we were up 20-0 and my heart was racing faster than I can ever remember. The game was EPIC. Alabama came back with a vengeance, but in the end, my Aggies won the game. Dethroned the #1 team and walked away with a 29-24 victory. (I literally just got chills typing that...not even sorry!)

Ya'll? Saturday was the best gameday of my Aggie life. I sports cried. Judge me if you will, but I know I wasn't the only one. Everybody loves an underdog story, and for those of us who stand by our team, win or lose, this weekend was worth any disapointment in the past, or in the future. This weekend the AGGIES were on top, and I was on cloud nine.



Way to go Ags. I couldn't be MORE proud to be a part of such an indescribable community. My Aggie ring is shining a little brighter, and I'll be wearing maroon every day for the rest of the season.

A&M! GIVE US ROOM!

WHOOP!!!!!!

Always,

L
Proudest Member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2009!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, you sportscried! (I get the kidd kraddick reference). Love it! A pretty huge win for the Aggies, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried to Lauren! lol. Best Day ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to need you to blog more often.
    That is all...
    xo
    Megan

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best shot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...