Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The best birthday EVER



It's hard for me to find the words to describe how incredible the last 4 days of my life have been. My heart is so happy I can hardly stand it. Apple picking, pumpkin beer drinking, Halloween movie watching, forest exploring, lobster eating, lighthouse seeing, AMAZINGNESS...and that's just a small list of the festivities we managed to cram in. It was the perfect balance of playing and resting.
K. Stew sandwich!
 The love I have for my extended (yet indescribably close) family grew every second I was there. It amazes me how connected we really are and how easily we find it to love and enjoy each other. It's like coming home, just a thousand miles away. Y'all, I may be a Texas girl, but a huge piece of my heart is and forever will be tucked away at the farm in Maine.
My Happy Place
One of the highlights of our trip was the picture below. It's a 22 year picture remake and it is easily my most cherished possession.
He makes 90 look easy...
 One thing I know for sure is this: I am truly, TRULY blessed beyond measure. There is such a peace to be found when you realize (before it's too late), just how lucky you are to have something; how valuable some place or some one is in your life and being able to cherish it while you still have the chance. I am beyond thankful.

If the rest of my 25th year of life is anything like this past weekend, then I just might be the luckiest girl on the face of the Earth. Cheers to my next trip around the Sun.

Always,

L

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this. You are right, the key is to find value in something while you still have it. It's not always easy to see the value in the hum-drum of life, but experiences out of the ordinary make us wake up and think how lucky we are have the people we love!

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best shot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...