Monday, October 17, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday



So, after the longest week, ever, I've made it to another Monday and I honestly feel like this new "normal" (a 2 dog...well, 1 and a half really, household) is starting to set in. It's a lot calmer. A lot more manageable. And definitely not chaotic enough for my liking...but we are making it work. I just have to say thank you again to everyone who reached out to us. It's impossible to put into words how much y'all have helped us...really.

But enough of the clouds...time for some sunshine on this bloggity of mine. This weekend was wonderful. I've mentioned before that I have the best in-laws ever, but y'all they just keep outdoing themselves. We had my birthday celebration at their house on Saturday and it was so good to see everyone. I got SO.MUCH.STUFF. Seriously, I felt like a little kid again and it was awesome. Thanks to Momma Hunke my house is now fully decked out for my favorite time of the year with owls and pumpkins. The Neighbors got me tickets to Studio Movie Grill to see Breaking Dawn...don't judge me. I'm SO excited. Nate's brother Dan and his wife (Lauren Hunke the 3rd...yes, BOTH of my sister-in-laws are named Lauren. No big deal, and definitely not confusing at all...) got me a gift card to Victoria's Secret. Riley had this thing about eating my underwear, ALL.THE.TIME.  I'm serious, she probably gobbled up over a thousand dollars in merchandise...something that, even now, is not endearing. Freak show. Anyway, I'm pumped about getting to go shopping and knowing that I'll actually get to keep the things I purchase. Silver lining?

I spent all day yesterday hanging out with the hubster, just really enjoying each other's company. We've been having a lot of fun together lately. Doing mostly immature not-grown-up-at-all activities. For instance. One day last week, we both got pretty bummed out about the whole Riley thing. And being the problem fixer that he is, he decided it was his husbandly duty to come up with a solution. He had me hang out in our room while he set up said solution (and no, it wasn't another dog...I know, I was a little disappointed too). He called me into the living room and was standing, hands on his hips with a huge (smug) smile on his face. There was a case of Miller Light on the floor, and Southpark The Movie on the TV. This is when he tells me (and I quote) "we are going to watch this movie and play a drinking game...at the same time. Every time they say f*ck, we drink. Got it?"

........

This was quite possibly the best/worst idea he has ever had...if you've seen the movie, you know why. If not, save yourself the torture and suffice it to say that we would not have passed ANY field sobriety test after about 15 minutes. I can't tell you the last time I laughed that hard, and it was exactly what I needed. Reason # 627 that boy roommates are awesome. I love you Nathan Allen.

This week is going to be filled with all the busyness you'd expect when trying to get ready for a spur of the moment 4 day weekend vacation adventure. I'm more excited/happy/ready/omg.is.this.really.happening?!?! than I can express. That being said, I might be a little absent from the bloggy, but don't fret, I'm going to make it up to you by giving you a picture montage of things that made me smile this week.

You.Are.Welcome.

This amazing text conversation with my Wifey
This incredibly thoughtful, made me cry because she is just too sweet gift from the Wifey...double bonus adventure points for making me the happiest kid ever TWICE in one week. You are the bombdiggity.
Reading to the Lights of My Life. Those kids seriously make my whole world go 'round. LOVE THEM!!!

And last, but certainly not least...this evening with the Neighbors. Well, mostly just this lovely rendition of the Carlton that Jason was so kind to do for us. Hahahahahahaha!!!


Always,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with your best shot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...