Monday, October 10, 2011

Good things come in 3's...



...and I'm a happy camper! This weekend was all kinds of awesome sauce. First, I have to tell you that I'm THE luckiest girl on the planet. Not only are my parentals the bomb diggity, but my in-laws are just as equally amazing. They have been my second parents since I was 15, and I've always felt like one of their kids. Seriously, they rock my socks. They love me so much more than I feel like I deserve and I can't imagine where Nate and I would be without their love/support/guidance over the last ten years.

Needless to say, I absolute LOVE them, and they are way too good to me (and I'm about to tell you why). If y'all have read about the Yankee under my co-stars tab, you know how much I love my sweet cousin Kayla and how unfair I feel it is that we live a world away from each other. Well, in few weeks her grandfather (Grampie-who is my great-grandmother's brother...convoluted, I know) is turning 90 and they are having a huge party for him (he's actually the one in Yankee's picture...my favorite picture on the planet). The party is the weekend before my birthday and I wanted to go so bad it was practically killing me. The only problem was that hubs and I could only (barely) afford one ticket. Here's where my in-laws outdo themselves for best parents of the century...they gave us their frequent flier miles and are sending me AND the hubster to Maine for 4 days...

Best.birthday.EVER!

Y'all it feels like Christmas morning just thinking about it. I haven't been to the farm since '05 and I literally can't WAIT. There aren't even words for how excited/grateful I am..."Thank you" just seems to fall short. I can't stop smiling and now I'm actually looking forward to turning another year older.
Picture from my last trip to Maine
And as if that in itself doesn't make the greatest weekend of all time...college football did NOT disappoint (finally) with the Aggies beating the Tech Tards (WHOOP!!!) AND OU stomping Texas. Um, hi, can you say winning?!
Thanks and Gig'em
 Oh and bonus points? It rained all day Sunday and I enjoyed hours of blissful napping. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE October? I have? Well, I'm saying it again...because I do.

The only downside to this kick butt weekend was that Saturday morning my sweet Riley May woke up extremely under the weather. For a dog that goes 90-to-nothing all day every day, it breaks my heart to see her so pitiful.
So cute and so sad at the same time :(
I know I complain about her/all the chaos she creates with her fur siblings, but I love her to death and hate seeing her so sick. Hubs is taking her to the vet today, so any prayers/good thoughts/well wishes would be greatly appreciated.


Happy Monday lovelies!


Always,


L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with your best shot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...