Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Birthday Boy

Sorry to go all "old school" with this photo, but now-a-days he acts like my camera will burn the skin right off of his face (read: Drama Queen). But whatev. I'll keep him :)


Nathan Allen,

I'm being forced to write this at the very tail end of your birthday because you hijacked all my technology (iphone, macbook, iPad *yes I have an Apple problem. That's not the point. Focus!*) so you would have my undivided attention for the entire day. I was happy to do this since I refused your other birthday request. You're 24. You don't need a trampoline. Even if you measured the yard and it would have fit. Sorry, but I'd like to keep you (all of you) around for the next 50 years (or more) and don't need you going and getting yourself paralyzed. Yes, I love you that much. You're welcome.

I was thinking about it today, and this is the 9th year I've gotten to celebrate you. We're quickly approaching that mark where we will have been with each other more of our lives than without. Crazy huh? Some days (like today) I feel like we just started this little circus of ours. But here we are living the ultimate fairy tale. I get to wake up every morning and "play house" with my best friend. Even if we aren't very good grown-ups...at least we have fun.

I know I've said this a million times before, but I really am your biggest fan. No matter what the rest of the world is doing, thinking, saying, I'll always be on the sidelines cheering you on. You do the same thing for me. I love the team that we make.

I love that you laugh at the same things I do (even when it's inappropriate, while we're at church). I love that you take care of the little things I can never seem to remember. I don't love that you leave your wet towels on the floor, but like someone really smart once told me, at least you aren't leaving them on the floor at someone else's house. I love that we eat popsicles for breakfast on Saturdays, just because we can. I love that you adore your neice and nephew and would do anything for their curls and giggles, just like me. I love that you can complete my sentences, sometimes after only one word. I love knowing that when you read this, you'll roll your eyes and say I'm dumb, because you are a "moment" ruiner and don't like being the center of attention. But mostly, I love that you picked me. You could of had anyone, and I know that. Trust me, I'm the one who got lucky.

Happy birthday my love. I hope today was everything you wanted it to be. I'm so honored that I get to celebrate you for the rest of my life. You're my everything.



Always,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with your best shot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...