Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh, Hey There!



Sorry about my longer than normal hiatus from the bloggity. Last week was insane and I've officially found the "down side" to working for my dad. My schedule last week went something like this:

Monday: Pre-Op appointment
Tuesday: Surgery
Wednesday: Pain and a lot of drugs
Thursday: 7 AM I get this text from dad:
"You up?"
Me: "No...why?"
Dad: "I'm outside"
Me: "Outside, where?"
Dad: "Your house, come get in the truck, I'm bringing you to work"
Me: "WTF!?!? What part of 'I'm out until Friday at the EARLIEST' did you misinterpret?"
Dad: "Get your butt out here, we're going to be late"

....Awesome. So I literally popped some pills, rolled my angry ass out of bed, strapped ice to my tumor hole and got in the truck...IN MY PAJAMAS. I may have been screwed into going to work, but I'll be damned if I was getting out of my sweats. You can deal. Dad didn't even care, if that gives you any indication of the stress level at the office last week. It.was.brutal. But I lived, and surely I'll get an extra jewel in my crown in heaven, because Lord knows it didn't earn me any extra points down here. Whatever, I did dad a solid and I'm pretty sure he appreciated it. I know, I'm the best daughter on the planet (she said ever so sarcastically...).

Moving on...I got home from work on Friday and slept until lateeee Saturday afternoon. My slumber was so rudely interrupted by the pit bull who HAD to go outside and the startling realization that there was exactly one week until our trip and I still had 8 million things to do before we leave. Perfect. Needless to say, I spent the remainder of the weekend scrambling (with the hubster's help, of course) getting our house cleaned/decorated/acceptable for Nat to stay in to watch our dogs while we are gone. I've still got the bathrooms left to clean, but our room is finally presentable, which I'm beyond thrilled about.

Getting me out of my bed is now next to impossible.
There's still some serious work to do around the house, but for now, I'm satisfied. I just need to get us packed and I'll be happy, relaxed, and more than ready to enjoy an ENTIRE WEEK AT THE BEACH! Halleluiah. Saturday can't get here quick enough :)

Always,

L


P.S. Is anyone else as pumped about shark week as I am?!!?
P.P.S. Tomorrow marks one week tumor free! I feel a tumor-versary blog coming on...weeeeeeee!

1 comment:

  1. ummm, oh my god! Am I staying at Hotel Hunke??! freakin awesome!! you make my room look like a dump! also just a serious PS i'm going to be out of town friday till sunday eveningish for a bachelorette party and i couldnt remember when you told me you were leaving so if i need to come over before like thursday or if sunday night would be good orrrr whatever really! love you just let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best shot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...