Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blessed Beyond Measure



How women sleep the night before they know they are going in to have a baby is just beyond me. I stayed up as late as possible, took some Tylenol PM, had a BIG glass of wine and I still woke up before 6...and I'm just going to have a tumor! Well, have it removed...which is actually nothing like childbirth so I guess that was a pretty lame analogy. Whatevs. I got a chance to hop on the internet machine this morning and read several incredibly sweet messages/emails/blog posts offering me prayers and encouragement and they almost brought me to tears. Y'all are too good to me and I feel beyond blessed to have each of you in my life and count you as my friends.

Surgery was rescheduled last minute yesterday. So now the hubs and I have to be at the hospital at 9:30am and operation tumor destruction will commence at 11am. I'm ready. I woke up with an unusually calm spirit and I'm just ready to get this all behind me (all the while collecting hilarious moments to blog about).

I thought I would let everyone know that I taught Nate how to operate the video feature on my iPhone, so hopefully we'll get some really good "lauren-is-as-high-as-Michael-Jackson" footage for your viewing pleasure :) I doubt I'll be this funny:



But I'll do my best!

Thanks again for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. Y'all rock my socks!


Always,

L

P.S. I'm also going to apologize in advance if I blow up your blogger feed the next few days. I'll be stranded on the couch, with nothing but pain killers and 3 crazy dogs to keep me company. If I did my math correctly, that adds up to some redic internet time.

P.S.S. This verse has been playing on repeat in my head, so I had to share. His grace is definitely sufficient for me. My God is good, all the time. All the time, my God is good.

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 2 Cor. 12:9

Amen? Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with your best shot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...